Thursday, June 30, 2011

BACk FROM CAMP!!!

What an exciting week!

(there are SO many camp stories That I would love to share but these are just a few that stand out to me this morning)

As a team, we were praying for 40 campers, at this camp we ended up with 13. The exciting thing about the amount of students is that it was EXACTLY the amount needed. We could have looked at this in confusion, why would God not bring an overload of students? There are SO many of us Americans that can pour into the youth here? But He had greater plans for this camp and the individuals!!! We were blessed with students that already knew and have a relationship with the Lord to those who do not believe BUT are willing to listen to our beliefs, take part in prayer, listen to the Bible readings and the list goes on. We were able to really establish close relationships with the students and create a comfortable environment that allowed them to dig deeper in their curiosity.
My prayer for these students- Dear God
Please provide mentors for these students, godly role models to have in their lives. I cannot even imagine God how hard it would be to grow in my faith if I did not have a community to help guide me in your direction. Lord, some are seeking you and you have revealed yourself to them, for that I thank you. God, for those who have not searched for you yet or not found you, please give them strength to keep looking. Please use me and the other interns to shed your love guid them with your word. You are a God of love, a God of protection, God of forgiveness, and grace(!!!!) thank you for your endless beauty and for allowing us to seek YOU!!!! amen:)

Another area that was exciting to witness is the ministry within the camp.  We had an AMAZING worship band that was filled with talent!!  Students were able to express their feelings through songs.  There was one specific student that created a song crying out to the Lord wanting to Know Him, love Him, hear Him, feel Him... it was such a beautiful picture of someone truly desiring the Lord!!!

The last encounter that really sticks out was my friendship with my roommate.  I was blessed to room with a girl that has been to camp the previous year, that walks into a room and lights it up with her smile, is full of joy and excitement.  From the second we met we knew we were going to be great friends. Throughout the week we were able to pray together, speak about God working in our lives, and have our own little Bible study.  This is pretty ironic but if you've read previous blogs you would have seen that a weakness I was overcoming was praying aloud with others.  Well, haha I am SO thankful for God working on me in this area before camp.  By praying with her each night and with a couple other campers, I was asked to make a prayer group for them so that we could stay connected and that they could hear my prayers, they went on about how much it means to them, how they love it ect.. When they were saying this, I could not hold back my laughter, its the little things like this that put me in GREAT AWE of our God.  He was able to convict me in my weakness, help me work through it and then allowed me to see what beauty can come out of it...

To end this, my roommate also said "Last year when I came I saw God working in others, this year I see Him working within me."  Our love, grace, joy can go a long way, just because someone does not believe yet.. does not mean they wont!!!  I think the greatest reminder this week was that God has a plan for each individual.  It will not be on our time or even that persons timing.  God knows all, sees all and it will be on His great time!!

Thank you to all of you that have sent me encouraging emails, and for those of you who are praying for our team and students!!!

Blessings:)

1 comment:

  1. wow! Worship band sounds amazing! its so encouraging to look back on your previous writings and see God working in your life and answering prayers-He is so faithful! What a wonderful week im sure it was! Cant wait to see pictures-please post videos of you hahaha...seriously! WE MISS YOU! Praying! love you!

    ReplyDelete