Friday, May 27, 2011

Half day:)

WOW.. God is good!!
Another amazing day:)

This morning we went to a couple more schools to talk with high schoolers.  The first two presentations were a little on the rocky side (when it was my turn to talk I tried to make a couple jokes BUT even my team leader and other interns didn't get it, which caused everyone to just look at me in confusion..  thankfully I just laughed at myself (so at least SOME ONE was laughing and kept going with my portion.  After that we went to a coffee shop- woke up and got pumped for the next round of presentations, which I must say were a great success!

Around 12 we started our sabbath (no work till 12 the next day!!!!!!!!!)  A couple girls and I decided to hike the top of Veprinac mountain which lead us to St. Marks Church!  It took about 2 hours to hike to the the top.  The walk had the most BEAUTIFUL views of the sea, old homes and stairs!  When we ended up getting to the top we found some information that dated back to 1507, 1866 ect...

A couple things that I am most thankful for bringing on my trip - the REI towel (thank you mom) its one of those that absorb all the water in seconds.
My columbia hiking pants that turn into pants / capris/ shorts.  WOW not only are they light weight, comfy and cute, they are also water resistant which means when I spill on them (which I most certainly do) it comes RIGHT off.. ahh soo nice:)

Things that I should have brought hmm real shampoo and conditioner.  I brought these leaf shampoo/cond. (you can get them at hiking stores) its like a little piece of paper and you mis it with water , rub and it will turn into a soapy substance... not as great as it sounds:(

Praise for the day - getting to spend quality time with two of the interns Carly and Katie!!!
Us interns being able to laugh at ourselves as we mess up!!
Getting to see how God lovingly putts certain people in our lives!

Prayers:
I would love prayers on what is to come from this internship.  Whether I am to look further into long term missions, more internships, lead missions.  In the past 2 years I have done really well not trying to look into the future or guess what is to come BUT a few nights ago I was asked "What are you wanting to get out of this internship."  hmmmm.. (!!)

I just got a spoon full of nutella.. I must go and enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. praying that God shows you His purpose for your Croatian summer, and praying that He continues to provide for you and speak to you in amazing ways girlie! let us know what else you want besides shampoo/conditioner :) miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i knew what the joke was you told! HAHAHA! Im sure they could ses your joy and that is what matters! o man the shampoooo and conditioner! Bless your heart! well...not-so-smooth-hair, all in the name of Jesus! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete